ATMP in Boiler Water Treatment
1. The Role of ATMP in Boiler Water TreatmentATMP is added to the boiler as a corrosion and scale inhibitor, which chemically reacts in the furnace. ATMP reacts with calcium and magnesium salts in the water to produce precipitates and discharge them through the sewage to reduce the concentration of calcium and magnesium ions in the water and prevent it from forming scale.
The organic substance of the corrosion and scale inhibitor also forms a barrier layer and a protective film on the metal surface, and the passivation of the pre-film prevents corrosion of the boiler metal tube.
2. Use Boiler Corrosion and Scale InhibitorThere are two ways to use the boiler corrosion and scale inhibitor.
For boilers with water tanks, the corrosion and scale inhibitor can be directly added to the water tank, and the medicine is sent into the furnace together with the water supply system.
The other is to use a metering funnel to inject the corrosion and scale inhibitor directly into the boiler.
The specific steps are as follows.
- If it is a new device, it is best to rinse the device before dosing.
- The hot water should be heated with 40-70 ° C before adding the corrosion and scale inhibitor. It is then placed intermittently or once into the boiler water.
- After adding corrosion and scale inhibitors, attention should be paid to the control of boiler water specifications. The pH is between 10-12 and the total alkalinity is 6-26 mmol/L.
- At the same time, sewage is discharged regularly. The emission rate is generally maintained at 5-10%. If the water level does not change after discharge, check that the old scale that has fallen will block the pipe. If the pipeline is blocked, take measures in time.
3. The Dosage of Corrosion and Scale InhibitorThe use of corrosion and scale inhibitors should be based on the water hardness of the boiler feed water. Generally can be used according to the following requirements. Normal corrosion and scale dosage 5-20 mg/L.
If the water hardness is too high, the amount of the drug to be used may be appropriately increased depending on the water quality conditions.
4. Precautions for Using ATMP Corrosion and Scale Inhibitor
- The operator must wear protective gloves during the operation. If you accidentally touch the skin during use, rinse immediately with water.
- Pay attention to the sewage situation and require to discharge once every hour. 5 to 10 seconds each time. If the boiler scale is serious, the dosage can be increased.
- The boiler should be turned off after 10 to 20 days of operation. After manually removing scale, prevent dirt from clogging the pipe. Then go to normal operation. The condition test furnace water concentration multiple is controlled at about 10 times.
- The total hardness of boiler feed water should be controlled within a certain range. If the hardness is too high, the hardness can be reduced by the lime method or other methods, otherwise, the scale inhibition effect of the special corrosion and scale inhibitor for the boiler will be affected.
- The corrosion and scale inhibitor should be stored away from the sun to prevent direct sunlight.
More details, please visit our website - www.iroatmp.com.